Community Conversations: What are they?
Community Conversations are simply an opportunity to have a respectful conversation about the topic of respect.
Some of the possibilities include:
- Two friends chatting. Take turns to listen and speak to each other, possibly even agreeing to disagree
- A lunchtime conversation, especially if someone takes a few notes to send for our website.
- Casual conversation topic at a dinner party. Purple could be the colour theme to introduce the topic.
- A small group discussion – the Mother’s club or any other situation where a small group of people meet. Check the list for some ideas
- A formal presentation or talk to a group which involves the participation of the audience to brainstorm different perspectives on Respect. Draft notes will be available
- A more organised community conversation which could even be a fund raiser for your favourite charity – Check some suggestions below.
- A community initiative to make a difference in your local area.